Quickie – we have heard that Sheffield EHO have awarded us a 5 star Food Safety rating (again) in our new premises.
Very pleasing !
What an achievement for Leeza who excelled at this year’s British Pie Awards (2017) not only beating her tally of 6 awards last year but winning her first Class Champion and Gold awards. The full list of winning pies is below.
Her pasty – and Class Champion, with a filling of Chicken, Cranberry and Walnut was a great favourite last Christmas with our customers but who would have believed that when it came to the nominations for “Best Pasty of the Year” – with Ginster’s Cornish Pasty being our world famous rival nominee that we would come first ! I didn’t expect that when I heard who we were up against. But there you go 🙂
Watch out for these at our future events.
- Creamy Chicken with Cranberry & Walnut Pasty – Class Champion
- Chicken, Sweet Potato, Squash, Moroccan Grains of Paradise Pie – Gold
- Creamy Chicken with Cranberry & Walnuts Pie ( a Silver and a Bronze) from different categories
- Salt Beef, Mustard and Gherkin Pie – Silver
- Triple Cheese Pie – Silver
- Lamb, Quince & Pistachio Pie – Bronze
- Nutty Gruyere & Olive Pie – Bronze
- Cream Cheese & Apricot Pie – Bronze
There’s much change going on here. We are presently in stealth mode. We are now in our new factory. We have pitched ** successfully ** to 4 big brand names. Two national grocery chains, a national train company & one of the worlds largest foodservice businesses. All wheels are turning, slowly but positively ! We get to see the new branding and packaging work early 2018 for our Bunza.
What’s a Bunza? You will have to wait… Keep your eye peeled on this page here