The 8th Annual Pie Awards took place in Melton Mowbray on 11th March 2016 and this year 816 pies were entered from 132 professional bakers and butchers. Undergoing a thorough judging process from over 100 top pie experts including TV chefs, food writers and expert pie makers in their own right the winning pies were awarded an accolade based on a range of criteria including appearance, taste and texture.
This year Leeza exceeded last years award collection by 600% by picking up six awards for the following pies:
- Salmon & Cream Cheese – *Highly Commended (*This is higher than a Gold Medal)
- Sea Bass & Cod Pie – Silver Award
- Spring Onion & Egg – Bronze Award
- Bubble & Squeak Pie – Bronze Award
- Lamb, Apricot & Chestnut – Bronze Award
- Forage Fruit Pie- Bronze Award
Over the next few weeks and months these award winners will be added to the range of pies offered at the events (here) we are attending and you will be able to taste what the Judges at the British Pie Awards thought were “exceedingly nice pies” !